Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Madness

I love March. Such a unique month - it's my signal that spring has arrived (and my allergies' signal to act a fool). March is full of time and temperature changes, blooms, basketball, Mardi Gras this year (see Mae's celebratory necklace - thank you Sarah Siebert)... and thunderstorms. Recently, we had terrible thunderstorms, three nights in a row. Sweet little Mae shakes, rattles, and rolls with every clap of thunder and spark of lightening. She senses them before they even arrive, hence her new obsession with my bathroom. (Someone clearly taught her about safety spots for dangerous weather.) 
Besides the storms, Miss Mae has been relatively healthy and happy (keep your fingers crossed!) She is really getting gutsy - she sleeps blocked off in the kitchen (I use a "makeshift house" technique - anything from cardboard to a fold up table to keep her confined). One morning, I awoke to find that she had broken out of "jail" during the night and made herself comfortable on the chaise lounge - a clearly defined No Mae Zone.


A diva in the making, for sure.

Happy Sunny Days (and no thunderstorms!) to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment